Sunday 4 August 2013

Stop Rugs Curling With These Corner Weights

Preventing rug corners from curling, or fixing corners that are already curled is easy. You can either use specially designed corner weights, or use special rug anchors.



Details:
1. Pack of four weights.
2. No sharp edges.
3. Made from heavy plastic.
4. Easy to attach and remove.

Click here to view on Amazon

The appeal of these rug curl stoppers is the fact that they attach to the rug, rather than your floors like many other "rug grip" products. This means you can more easily move your rug around if you wish, but you also will not be required to attach any adhesive grip pads to your floor, preventing issues with residue and grimy sticky spots left behind when they're eventually removed. They're made from heavy plastic, with no sharp edges, meaning they won't scratch your hardwood floors.
  
Velcro Rug Anchors

There are a few different varieties of these. Some function as rug anchors whereas others simply function as weights which attach to the corners and hold them down to prevent curling. I had a rug in my lounge room with curled up corners which looked terrible.



Details:
1. Pack of 4.
2. Leaves no residue on floor when removed
3. Velcro means easy lifting when vacuuming.

Click here to view on Amazon

These are quite simple. One side has an adhesive, and the other side has Velcro in order make it easy to secure and remove the mat. These will prevent movement, curling and also make it much easier to vacuum. The Velcro allows you to easily remove or lift when vacuuming, which is a good feature for a product like this to have.

I'm pretty sure I've tripped over on a curled rug corner before. I've also had problems whilst vacuuming. However, the main issue for me is simply how unattractive it looks. I love my rugs and I'm very picky about colors and patterns and they're there to look good, not curled and shabby.

These are also simply great for keeping your rugs in place.

Rugs slipping and sliding creates extra work and looks bad. These are also great when you have dogs that run around your home and slide your rugs out of position. I still remember when I was young, and I used to play fetch with my dog in the hallway at home until I was yelled at due to the hallway runner being constantly pushed out of place. 

I've also had problems with the mats that I keep in my kitchen, which get pushed around all over the place. They are extremely annoying to vacuum due to the fact that the vacuum simply sucks them up, and drags them along. It can be a source of rage when you're having a bad day, especially when you're tired and have heaps of chores to do. Anyway, either of the two ideas mentioned above should do the trick.

I actually pulled my recliner forward so one of my rug's corners was hidden/squashed underneath it It's the kind of problem that you could assume is unavoidable and there's no solution for, except placing a stack of heavy books on them or something similar. I guess there's all sorts of ideas like this out there that solve annoying problems we don't have to tolerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment